Tuesday, December 2, 2008

from yana's hands


Artworks in general don’t have a precise explanation unless the artist itself is the ones to speak of it. Personally, these artworks are creations out of the mere feelings or self-expression the artist have for the entire day, week, or something that pushes them to create such work, the way I do. Yes, it doesn’t really need a diploma to certify you as an artist. As long as you could sublime your feelings and playful hand on the surface or on any work of art, which of course appreciated by many. Also, your work doesn’t just benefit yourself, but as well its ability to show others who you are inside.

Visually my work looks dark and may look like mourn in it, precisely it shows shadows and silhouettes and don’t forget the sunset which may look melancholic. Well, it’s kind of emotional; it just that people may think I’m that emo. Personally, everyone is emotional. It just that they don’t show it off in there looks, but they could just play it out with the way they live. Actually, in my dark-impressioned works, they doesn’t generally show sorrow, they might as well show revenge, happiness, enlightenment, love, hatred, sympathy; in general, they are feelings. My works, are like my diary, they show the real me. It’s like that; I’m bit of impressionist with how it shows. The episodes of my life are closely shown in its output. Maybe just like other painters who live and died with the way they show the world of who they are inside and what they feel.

I believed that in every piece, there’s a meaning behind every detail. Why the sunset appears in this side, why the guitar is blue and not red. Well, there are special stories behind that. And in this approach, this maybe, makes an artist interesting (a friend of mine said when he ones asked me of a single artwork). And in return, I was left soundless. I couldn’t even think that he could dig deep on that work which I seriously did out of what I felt. This may be a chance of how artists could express themselves and shout out what they’re hiding inside. There isn’t any secrets at all in every artists they show it off with their imaginative mind and playful hands.

No comments: